As a response to the community cases of Covid-19 in the Auckland community, we have moved to Alert Level 2. We would like to update you with how we will be operating over this period.
Doctor/Nurse Practitioner Consultations
- In the interest of keeping our community and staff safe and continuing with the incredible effort New Zealand has made to contain COVID-19, we encourage telephone consultations where appropriate. These are standard 15-minute appointments. If it is determined during your phone consultation that you need to be seen in-person, your treating clinician will arrange a time and channel for you to access the medical centre.
- Phone consultations can be booked via our online patient portal, ConnectMed, or alternatively by calling our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725.
Urgent On-The-Day Appointments/GP Call Back
- We always hold appointments in reserve for those needing urgent on-the-day appointments with their doctor or one of our nurse practitioners. If you require an urgent appointment, please call our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725, to book an appointment through our GP Call Back service.
- Payment for all consultations is being taken at the time of booking. If you are experiencing financial difficulty at the moment, please discuss the option of a payment plan with one of our friendly reception team.
Nurse Appointments/Blood Tests
- Routine nursing and laboratory services will continue during Alert Level 2.
- Our waiting room will be closed during Alert Level 2. Please phone us when you arrive in the carpark. A staff member will then advise you of the entry process.
- We ask that all patients use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure from the medical centre.
- If you are invited to the practice for an in-person consultation, please be aware that we no longer accept cash payments.
- Patients will be screened within 24 hours of their appointment to ensure the continued safety of our community and staff.
- Our team will continue to practice the highest levels of infection control, including use of Personal Protective Equipment as appropriate, strict hand hygiene and cleaning procedures.
- Aspiring Medical is a designated COVID-19 testing centre.
- If you are feeling unwell and have respiratory symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or a runny nose; have a fever; or have lost your sense of smell, call us on 03 443 0725.
- Book your swab and help to stop community spread.
ConnectMed / Repeat Prescription Requests
- Our online patient portal, ConnectMed, gives you secure access to your health information.
- Please use ConnectMed to request repeat prescriptions.
We are expecting a high volume of phone calls so please be patient with our staff.
We encourage everyone to stay safe during Alert Level 2 and remember the importance of social distancing.
The team at Aspiring Medical Centre