Our nurse services and nurse appointments are available from daily between 8.40am – 5pm. Our nurses have been trained for specialist roles and offer the below services:
- Blood Tests
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessments (including blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar checks)
- Cervical Screening and STI Checks
- Ear Syringing - please see below for further information/instruction.
- Emergency Contraceptive Pill
- Healthy Lifestyle Education and Advice (nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices, which support health)
- Immunisations (childhood, flu, travel, tetanus and zostavax vaccinations)
- Liquid Nitrogen (treatment for warts)
- Plastering and Splinting
- Punch Biopsies
- Pregnancy Tests
- Smoking Cessation Advice and Support
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Telephone Triage and Advice
- Test Results
- Wound Care, Dressings and Removal of Stitches
Earwax is a normal bodily secretion, which provides a protective film on the skin inside the ear canal. Wax only needs to be removed if it is interfering with hearing or causing local irritation to the ear canal.
Aspiring Medical Centre offers an ear wax removal procedure, called ear syringing. This is a very effective procedure and provides the best results if you plan ahead and soften the ear wax prior to your appointment. This can be done with clean olive oil or pharmacy preparations such as “Cerumol”, for a few days prior to your appointment.
To book an appointment, please call our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725.