Aspiring medical is excited to be offering allergy services for people suffering from seasonal asthma, allergic rhino-conjunctivitis and other aero-allergenic conditions. These can be treated effectively with immunotherapy. This is the closest thing to “cure”, for anyone suffering from these debilitating conditions. A wide range of aero-allergens including pollens, house dust mites, animal dander, mould spores and some occupational allergens have been identified as causing allergic airways disease.
Immunotherapy is often recommended for treatment of severe aero-allergenic conditions when:
- symptoms are severe, despite maximum medical therapy
- patients experience adverse side effects to the medication
- patients prefer to avoid medications
Dr Stephanie Das has a special Interest in allergies, as well as Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) and will be working with a dedicated team of nurses to provide you with options to treat and potentially “cure” your aero-allergenic conditions.
How the clinic works
1. Initial appointment: You will have an extended initial consult with our allergy doctor, who will go through your medical history and symptoms, as well as what treatments have been tried and what have failed.
- Testing: we will arrange a variety of tests and or skin prick testing, most of which are funded by the Southern Community Laboratories. These are usually arranged for a later date.
- Plan: we will formulate an initial assessment plan, which will include allergen avoidance, maximising medical therapy if appropriate and formulating and updating appropriate action plans if not already done.
2. Follow up: Once your results are available, we will then get you back to discuss further options and follow up on the initial management plan. If desensitisation is deemed appropriate this will be discussed with you thoroughly, so an informed decision can be made to start this.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725.