Sexual Health this season!
Summer is upon us and with it comes festive frivolity...sometimes of a sexual nature!
Holidays provide an opportunity for increased sexual mixing, so make sure you “wrap up” as you don't receive any unwanted presents!
Sexually transmitted infections are highly contagious and spread easily.
Some common Sexually Transmitted Infections are:
- Chlamydia: a common, sexually transmitted infection that may not cause symptoms
- Gonorrhea: a sexually transmitted bacterial infection that, if untreated, may cause infertility
- Genital herpes: a common, sexually transmitted infection marked by genital pain and sores.
- Syphilis: bacterial infection usually spread by sexual contact, that starts as a painless sore.
- Genital Warts: a common, sexually transmitted infection caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
Have a kiss under the stars this year, but make good choices and keep safe. Use protection and remember, the friendly nurses at Aspiring Medical Centre are here to help. Our drop in Wanaka Sexual Health Clinic is open every Tuesday 3.30 pm – 5.45 pm.