COVID-19 Alert Level 2 Update
We would like to update you with how we will be operating during Alert Level 2.
Doctor/Nurse Practitioner Consultations
- In the interest of keeping our community and staff safe we encourage telephone consultations where appropriate. These are standard 15 minute appointments. If it is determined during your phone appointment that you need to be seen in-person, your treating clinician will arrange a time and channel for you to access the medical centre.
- Phone consultations can be booked via our online patient portal, ConnectMed, or alternatively by calling our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725.
GP Call-Back Service
- If you feel you need to be seen on the day, for an in-person appointment, we will be offering our GP call-back service. This provides a short assessment to determine urgency of an appointment and is a quick call (i.e. less than 5 minutes). If the doctor is able to resolve your issue over the phone in this time (e.g. issuing a repeat prescription) then it save you the time and cost of a full consultation.
- Please phone reception on 03 443 0725 to request a GP call-back.
- Payment for all phone consultations is being taken at the time of booking. If you are experiencing financial difficulty at the moment, please discuss the option of a payment plan with one of our friendly reception team.
- If you are invited to the practice for an in-person consultation, please be aware that we no longer accept cash payments.
Nurse Appointments/Blood Tests
- Routine nursing and laboratory services will continue in Alert Level 2.
- Our waiting room will be closed during Alert Level 2. Please phone us when you arrive in the carpark. A staff member will then advise you of the entry process.
- We ask that all patients use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure from the medical centre.
- Patients will be screened within 24 hours of their appointment to ensure the continued safety of our community and staff.
- Our team will continue to practice the highest levels of infection control, including use of Personal Protective Equipment as appropriate, strict hand hygiene and cleaning procedures.
Aspiring Medical is a designated COVID-19 testing centre.
- If you are feeling unwell and have respiratory symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or a runny nose; have a fever; or have lost your sense of smell, call us on 03 443 0725.
- Book your swab and help to stop community spread.
ConnectMed / Repeat Prescription Requests
- Our online patient portal, ConnectMed, gives you secure access to your health information.
- Please use ConnectMed to request repeat prescriptions.
We are expecting a high volume of phone calls so please be patient with our staff.